Add this site to your start page

CREDITWRENCH-TheTruth

This blog is dedicated to illustrating the depths of depravity to debt collectors and their cronies who infest various message boards spewing their spam, insults and filth can and do sink. They will stop at nothing to berate others while trying to elevate their own perceived worth.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

New Post/Thread Notification: CreditWrench

Hello,

xlaxplayrr has just posted in the CreditWrench forum of CreditWrench under the title of DCS and Student Loans.

This thread is located at http://www.creditwrench.com/consumers/showthread.php?threadid=1031

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
DCS started contacting me regarding my student loan (balance = $25,000) in October.

I initially inquired about payment and was told, "Not everyone qualifies, let me check with management."

The agent's response was that I "qualified for a settlement" of $19,633 or three payment plans of

$12,698 down and monthly payments of $148
$8,380 and monthly payments of $197
$3,809 and monthly payments of $258

I just spoke with the same agent regarding a potential loan rehabilitation and he told me that the above payment plans represent a rehabilitation. In an earlier discussion I had made the mistake of hinting at my monthly income and asked if the payment plan was based on the number I gave him. I think I caught him a little bit later in the conversation when he said the payment plans would be the same offer if I had made $100 a month. No research I've done has indicated that loan rehabs require such a significant "good faith" down payment. In some cases, do they?

What should I do about them?

Thanks for your help from a first time poster.
***************